Good Afternoon SRCE Families:
For your information, the province announced this afternoon, Friday, March 18, 2022, that it is moving into Phase 3 of its reopening plan, however, masking will remain mandatory in schools for a few more weeks.
In public schools, staff and students will follow the updated guidance in the Back to School Plan, including the following:
- masking for staff, students and visitors remains in place for a few more weeks during school hours and on school buses;
- visitors and spectators will need to wear masks in schools during school instructional hours for a few more weeks;
- staff and students are asked to follow core public health measures such as:
- getting vaccinated if eligible
- staying home if feeling unwell
- following the COVID-19 Daily Checklist
- washing and sanitizing hands frequently;
- music, band, arts and sports in schools can resume in full;
- tournaments, concerts and extracurricular activities are permitted; and
- planning for graduation can proceed.
For information on today’s announcement, please access the following link:
Please note that all other changes to public health restrictions shared with you on Thursday, March 10, 2022, remain in place. Updated public health guidance for schools is available on the Back to School website at https://novascotia.ca/backtoschool.
Thank you for your ongoing support throughout this school year. If you have any questions or require any support, please do not hesitate to reach out to your school administration.
Regional Executive Director of Education